Monday, August 01, 2005

can we take it home?


i've used this phrase many times during my life...first, with the random animals on the farm, then with the random animals in the shelters...then with my random boyfriends during my teen years...i really do (pets)/did (ex-boyfriends) have a warm and interesting spot for some of the most random and at times "unwanted" creatures (although, i am happily married now)...

so when my 7 year old cousin starts in with the "can we take it home?" how am i to turn him down...so we left the pet store last week with 2 feeder mice...one black and one white...it really started off as one mouse although as the man got out the black mouse he carelessly, due to their status of "feeder mice", dropped the white one on her head and i felt it was my duty to claim her as well...i had a feeling we'd be down to one mouse "sooner than later" due to the appearance of the little white but i've been surprised before with unlikely come backs...my cat leroy, for example...

however, sadly i was told today that little white one passed and my cousin said it looked as if she was praying as she left her tiny body...so as her soul is drifting off to that unknown place...hopefully she is being reincarnated into something more pristine than a feeder mouse...i hope she enjoyed her last 2 days on earth in the hands of my cousin who loved her very much and hopefully she didn't die of a "popcorn" overdose since he found she favored it over the mouse chow...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home