Thursday, August 11, 2005

up in the air...



my past life as a flight attendant is deeply missed every now and then...so i decided to venture back to my old ways...chris (my pilot husband) was over-nighting in birmingham, so i decided to meet him for the night...two metro rides and four flights later i'm back home, 27 hours after departing...we really didn't do anything special but sleep in and eat at subway...although there is something calming about flying for me...when i’m feeling trapped by the world that surrounds me, a flight nowhere is the best solution...i like watching moments unfold when everyone else is consumed by security, time, work, or excitement and i have no plans but to get away...i know my days of being a flight attendant are over and i most likely will never be one again...although, my past has taught me a lot about the person i am today, not to mention helped me meet the only love of my life (for those that don't know, we did meet on a plane, as passengers but became interested in one another after talking for hours on the ground in the pittsburgh airport and we didn't fly together as a crew till we were already dating for months)...however, the best part about my life now, is the fact i still get the benefits of flying at a moments notice to almost anywhere and i don't have to say "ba-bye" anymore unless I desire to...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home